STAR of the Month - Bet You Didn't Know - Devin Di Dakta shares fun facts
STAR of the Month Devin Di Dakta has been sharing aspects of his life with readers since the beginning of the month. He has opened up about several issues and has allowed Jamaicans to see a side of him that they have never seen before.
But alas, it's not yet the end of the month, and he still has a lot to share.
Here are a few things that we 'Bet You Didn't Know' about the Grammy-nominated artiste.
1. My favourite food and the thing I enjoy cooking the most is a good stew chicken. I like everything with gravy. So stew, curry, BBQ, Teriyaki (fish or chicken). I love fruits and vegetables. I basically eat everything except pear (avocado), liver and kidney.
2. My first crush that I can remember is a girl called 'Chin' when I was in the fifth grade at Highgate Primary and Junior High School. Dat time, we used to write love letters to each other.
3.The first real heartbreak I ever had was when I was in high school (LOL). I learnt a very important lesson that time.
4. If I were to be prime minister, the first thing I would do is to implement capital punishment for all who are guilty of violence against women and children. Then, I would do all I can to set a solid music industry in Jamaica.
5. My nickname when I was growing up was 'Soupy'. I got that name from schoolmates because my father sell soup at St Mary High School gate so it stick pon me. Even now a lot of people call me 'Soupy'.
6. I had an older brother who died when I was about eight years old. He was one of the first persons that introduce me to music. He always brought me to the studio with him. I wish he were alive today to see that I made it.