Lifestyle & Food : Shredded Thai Chicken Pasta
Whether you are a working mother or your only care in the world is taking care of yourself, cooking can sometimes be a task, especially after a long day at work. On those days when you are just tired and fast food is not an option, a pasta dish might just be your saviour, as pasta dishes are quick, easy and generally affordable to prepare.
Pasta is a staple in Italian cuisine and is made from wheat, eggs and water. Wholewheat pasta contains considerable amounts of minerals such as magnesium, iron, calcium, potassium, zinc, selenium and manganese. Pasta also contains a small amount of sodium, and if made without eggs, has no cholesterol. Pasta also contains vitamin B, which includes folic acid and niacin.
So, this week, if you feel a little tired or you just want to prepare something easy and tasty, try the Shredded Thai Chicken Pasta.
Shredded Thai Chicken Pasta
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 yellow onion
n 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 21/2 cups shredded cooked chicken meat
- 2tbsp red curry paste
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 141/2-ounce can light coconut milk
1. In a skillet, cook one chopped, large yellow onion in one tablespoon vegetable oil.
2. Add one cup grape tomatoes and 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken meat.
3. Stir in a 141/2-ounce can of light coconut milk and one to two tablespoons red curry paste. Bring to a simmer, then add the pasta. Stir in one tablespoon fish sauce, if desired. Serve with lime wedges and chopped fresh cilantro.