Lifestyle & Food : Preparing tilapia fillets
Tilapia is a versatile, mildly flavoured white fish with a moderate texture. Now that Sea Best has pre-packaged tilapia fillets, it is quick and easy to make tasty fish dishes. The fish is an excellent source of protein and is naturally low in fat with zero carbohydrates.
Sea Best tilapia fillets are an excellent introduction to seafood with their mild, palate-friendly flavour and medium texture. Tilapia is ideal for sauces or seasonings, adopting the flavours of the seasonings with which it is paired.
- Remove fillets from vacuum wrap. Place fillets in bowl of cool water until completely thawed or place in refrigerator for 24 hours until thawed.
- To bake: Preheat oven to 4258F. Place fillets in lightly oiled, shallow baking dish. Season with salt, pepper and butter or margarine.
Bake six to 10 minutes per inch of thickness of fillet until it is opaque throughout.
- To broil: Preheat broiler. If desired, season fish with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Place pan containing fish four to five inches from heat, and broil six to 10 minutes per inch of thickness of fillet. Test flaking at thickest part of fillet.
- To pan fry: Fry a single layer of fillets in a skillet with hot oil at 3508F until golden brown or until fish flakes easily. Transfer to plate lined with paper towels to drain and serve immediately.
CAUTION: Contents will be hot. Heating times are approximate. They will vary due to the make, model and temperature calibration of your oven or stove.