Lifestyle & Health : Woman wants to restore sagging breasts
Theresa M. is a 34-year-old woman with four children. She writes because she says that breastfeeding and pregnancy have changed her breasts forever. Her breasts are less full than they used to be and sag a bit. She even sees slight stretch marks near the nipples and at her upper chest area. Now that she has finished bearing children, she wants to know if there are any remedies to improve breast firmness, short of breast surgery. Her breasts are one of her best assets!
Well, to be realistic, breast surgery is the only real method to permanently correct the changes that occur in a woman's breasts over a lifetime of childbearing, breastfeeding, weight gains and losses, and hormonal changes. With breast augmentation or reduction surgery, breast tissue is removed or replaced, as needed, and restores that bounce and lift, which is so desired and missed as we age.
Some steps that can be taken to naturally restore sagging breasts are:
- Lose excess body weight. Some breasts sag because they are too heavy. Lose weight slowly to enable the body to shrink in size as the breast size decreases.
- Practise strength-training exercises to build up the chest muscles (the pectorals). Larger pectorals push the breast tissues forward and help to fill out sag s, dumbbell fly, and incline bench presses several times weekly.
- Apply a blended mixture of cucumber and egg yolk with a teaspoon full of butter or cream added to paste for consistency. Apply this to the breasts once to twice weekly for 30 minutes, then wash off with cold water. This application is said to help the breasts appear firmer.
- Apply ice massages to the breasts for one minute several times a day, followed by putting on a well-fitted bra and lying on the back for half an hour after the ice massage (for those who have the time). This is said to help breasts look firmer and more lifted. Applying ice to the breasts for more than a minute or so can cause breast numbness.
- Massaging the breasts in an upward motion with olive oil, almond, or avocado pear paste for 15 minutes, three to five times a week, is also helpful in giving breasts a firm look as they are filled with antioxidants and fatty acids, which help repair damage to cells. This will improve the skin tone and look of the breasts.
- Apply beaten and foamy egg white to the breasts one to two times weekly for 30 minutes, then wash off with cold water for better-looking breasts. Egg white nourishes the skin.
Wishing Theresa good luck, and asking her to share her story if she tries one of these remedies.
Write to Check Up
PO Box 1731