Man sought for Manchester businessman's murder turns himself in to police
Another man was yesterday taken into custody in connection with the robbery and murder of 76-year-old Manchester businessman Trevor Meikle.
A man who the police believe can assist them in their investigation of the murder of 76-year-old Manchester businessman Trevor Meikle handed himself over to the Major Organized Crime and Anti- Corruption Agency (MOCA) on Monday.
The police said the man has garnered the interest of detectives from the St. Andrew North and the Manchester divisions.
The Constabulary Communication Unit (CCU) said the man was accompanied by his lawyer. He was later handed over to the Manchester police and is currently pending an identification parade.
Another man who was taken into custody in relation to the incident is expected to undergo a Question and Answer session in the presence of his attorney and an identification parade by the end of the week.
Meikle was robbed, shot and killed on April 17 in the Ingleside community after transporting his daughter from the airport, along with his wife and grandson.
Both his wife and daughter were robbed but were unharmed.
Meikle and his wife, who was reportedly in the car but not injured, were robbed of items including $15,000 in cash, gold jewellery, a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone and debit and credit cards.
So far, the police have charged a St. Mary woman with receiving stolen property. She appeared before the Mandeville Resident Magistrate’s Court today and was offered bail in the sum of 300,000.