Court hears… BUSINESSMAN SHOWS 11-Y-O BOY PENIS THREE TIMES
A St Catherine businessman, who allegedly exposed himself to an 11-year-old boy, is to reappear in the St Catherine Parish Court on September 16.
The accused, who is from Portmore, St Catherine, was hauled before the court after being charged with public indecency.
Allegations before the court are that, on three occasions, the accused saw the 11-year-old boy on his way from school. It is said that the accused stopped his vehicle and disembarked and then pulled out his penis to show the child, who he also called.
On the last occasion, the police were contacted, and following an investigation, the accused was charged.
When the matter was mentioned in the St Catherine Parish Court yesterday, the original charge of indecent exposure was set aside and replaced by the public indecency charge.
Clerk of Court Nicole Kellier told Parish Judge Tara Reid-Carr that she instructed the investigating officer to change the charge. This was after it was reasoned that the Vagrancy Act that deals with indecent exposure had been repealed.