Man swallows 40 metal knives
A 40-year-old man in Indian had to be rushed to hospital after apparently swallowing 40 metal knives.
Jarnail Singh, 40, was initially rushed to the Corporate Hospital in Gurdaspur, India, with stomach pain, but surgeons were left stunned when they realised the gentleman had actually ingested four dozen of clunky cutlery.
In an interview with India TV News, Dr Jitinder Malhotra said, "When we began diagnosis, we found the cause of the pain puzzling. We did an ultrasound, which revealed some solid mass in his stomach, shaped like cancer."
He continued, "The patient then told us he had an uncontrollable urge to eat knives. What is astonishing is that he had been eating knives since the past two months. This was very unnerving. I have not witnessed something like this in my career as a doctor."
Singh then had to undergo five hours of surgery and is expected to be discharged from hospital in the upcoming days.