Teen pleads guilty to killing Luciano's son

March 31, 2017
In this 2016 file photo, Luciano was in a sombre mood at the nine night for his son, Menelik McClymont.
In this March 2016 photo, Empress Sonia, stepmother of Menelik McClymont, holds a with picture of him.
1
2

Following the guilty plea entered by one of the three men charged with her stepson's murder, Sonia Sterling, Luciano's common-law wife, is adamant that justice must be served in the matter.

Nashlyn Anderson, 19, pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the Home Circuit Court in downtown Kingston yesterday. The other two teens accused of the killing, Camanie Shaw and Jerome Coombs, pleaded not guilty, and are scheduled to go on trial May 4.

"It hasn't been easy. We can't forget about it. It has been so hard," Sterling told THE WEEKEND STAR.

A fourth man, who allegedly instigated the attack on Menelik McClymont, Luciano's son, has not been charged.

"All four of them should plead. Not three but four," Sterling said.

"It's best I don't say anything until this case finish, but I know what I know still."

Luciano was said to be travelling yesterday, and was unavailable for comment.

According to prosecutors, Anderson used a knife to stab McClymont to death during an altercation last year February. His conviction comes just a little more than a year after 19-year-old McClymont was stabbed to death at Parkington Plaza in St Andrew.

After learning of his son's death, Luciano posted an emotional plea on social media urging the public to help the police find the persons responsible.

Other News Stories