Dog electrocuted by illegal connection
Director of Communications at the Jamaica Public Service (JPS), Winsome Callum, wants to remind the public of the dangers of illegal connections after a dog was electrocuted on the weekend by an illegal connection that was lying in the floodwaters.
In a video, which has been making the rounds on social media, the dog was walking in front of its owner in the murky floodwaters. It yelped as it came into contact with the live wire that was in the water. Moments later, it was seen motionless.
According to a voice in the video, it was an illegal connection which led to the demise of the dog.
"We are relieved that it was not the owner of the dog or anyone else that was electrocuted. We would like to remind persons of the dangers of illegal connections they can kill," Callum told THE STAR.
According to Callum, illegal connections continue to be a big problem for the JPS, as well as members of the public.
"I'd like to use this opportunity to also stress the importance of safety, particularly during the hurricane season. We ask our customers and members of the public to stay away from displaced lines and poles," Callum said.