Fire guts man's house twice in three years

January 16, 2018

 

Based on the sadness that was etched on the face of Walter Roberts, it was clear that he was very devastated by the loss he suffered after fire gutted his house and workshop.

As Roberts looked on helplessly while fire personnel carried out cooling down operation at the Spanish Town, St Catherine, location, he said that he would not lose faith.

"Is mi son light WD40 say him a kill wasp. I warn him, but mi only hear him start bawl dat di place a bun down and mi see mi place a blaze," Roberts said.

 

Great setback

 

He said that the blaze is a great setback because he is yet to recover from a fire that gutted the same premises three years ago.

"Bwoy, dis is rough as mi yet fi recover from the odda fire. And now dis fire, it wicked," Roberts said.

The fire has resulted in the destruction of a number of settees, chairs and motor vehicle seats that were been upholstered by Roberts.

He said he has been doing upholstery for more than 20 years at the 1 Fairfield Road address, and he intends to continue, but he needs help.

The fire was put out by one unit from the Spanish Town Fire Department.

It was revealed that brigade got the call sometime after 4 p.m. and responded.

The structure was not insured.

Other News Stories