MAN PLANS TO SUE AFTER BEING SHOT BY COP

September 22, 2018

A man who was shot in the head and then charged by the police for illegal possession of a firearm, illegal possession of ammunition, and assault was acquitted on Thursday in the Gun Court.

Oshane Bogle was charged in 2014 and has been battling his innocence since then. According to one of his lawyers, Able-Don Foote, they are preparing to sue the State for damages.

Foote told THE STAR that his client has been suffering at the hands of the State for years because of a lie that the police told on him.

"Had it not been for the pastor and the justice of the peace saying that the police were lying, he would have been found guilty of a crime he did not commit," he said.

During the court proceedings, the prosecution told the court that in July 2014, Bogle was driving his car in a reckless manner in order to evade police officers.

They further stated that Bogle stopped at a dead end and exited his vehicle, pointing a firearm at police officers. He was shot in the head and later taken to the hospital where he was treated.

However, the defence called witnesses to the stand, and they told the court that they were in the vehicle on the night in question, and the events unfolded differently.

They told the court that on the day in question, Bogle was indeed driving to evade the police, but it was because his car was not licensed or insured while he was operating a robot taxi.

The witnesses told the court that after Bogle exited the car, the police fired shots at him and lied about the matter because they did not see a gun on him.

Bogle was found not guilty by Judge Pettigrew Collins.

Other News Stories