Family of kidnapped dad fearing the worst
The family of a popular Hanover painter/fisherman, who was kidnapped almost two weeks ago along the Sandy Bay main road, also in the parish, is now fearing the worst.
Paul Clayton, 44, of Montpelier, was reportedly waiting on transport to attend church in Montego Bay when the incident happened, about 4 p.m. on Friday, January 18.
Eyewitnesses said Clayton put up a fight but was overpowered by the kidnappers.
When the WESTERN STAR visited Montpelier yesterday, worried residents, including family members, openly expressed fear that Clayton, a beloved member of the community, might have been killed.
"Mi father is a good man, him never do anybody anything," said 20-year-old Paul Clayton Jr, the second son of the missing man. "Dem just tek him weh and gone and we nuh hear nothing bout him since that."
According to the distraught son, his father was the breadwinner for the family, which also features his older brother and a younger sister. They are now facing tough times without him around to provide for them.
"A mi father support all three a wi and now him gone and wi nuh know wha happen to him," said the grieving son, as he wiped tears from his eyes. "It nuh look good ... being missing for so many days is not a good sign."
The matter is being investigated by detectives at the Sandy Bay Police Station. So far, they are yet to make any breakthrough in their investigations.