Teen electrocuted while picking mangoes

June 17, 2019

A 16-year-old boy died in Portmore yesterday after he was electrocuted while picking mangoes.

Reports from the police's Corporate Communications Unit are that about 10:58 a.m. Tyrese Winter, who resides Christian Pen, St Catherine, was picking mangoes when he got entangled in Jamaica Public Service electrical wires and was electrocuted.

It is said that the police and members of the Jamaica Fire Brigade were summoned to the scene.

The body was later removed and taken to the morgue.

Other News Stories