Twenty-six confirmed COVID-19 cases in Jamaica
Health Minister Dr Chris Tufton has confirmed that Jamaica now has 26 COVID-19 cases.
The most recent patient is a 70-year-old man from Clarendon.
Tufton also stated that they are still seeking 600 rooms to be used for isolation in the fight against the virus. He added that the Government is encouraging negotiations with hoteliers and property owners towards this end.
As it relates to the quarantine arrangement for sections of Bull Bay, Tufton said the quarantine will be lifted on Saturday, March 28.
Tufton urged Jamaicans not to lose hope or to assume that the Government is not making progress.
"There may be more restrictions to come. The most effective response to the coronavirus is to minimise person to person contact" he said, adding that the restrictions will aid in 'flattening the curve' of the spread of COVID-19.
Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Jacquiline Bisasor-Mckenzie said that so far, 284 medical workers have been fitted with N95 masks to protect them while they carry out their duties.
We want to hear from you! Email us at email@example.com and follow @thejamaicastar on Instagram and on twitter @JamaicaStar, and on Facebook: @JamaicaStar.