Five charged with illegal possession of firearm and ammunition in St.Thomas
The St. Thomas police have arrested and charged five persons with illegal possession of firearm following an incident in Hill Side district, St. Thomas on Sunday, August 02.
• Leonard Campbell otherwise called ‘Mark’ 38-year-old assistant manager of Regency Road, Spartanburg in South Carolina, USA
• Chadwick Henry 18, farmer of Wraywood Lane, Yallahs in St. Thomas
• Tassian Scott, 23, of Newland District, Yallahs in St. Thomas
• Michael-Lee Lewis, 22, cosmetologist of Newland District, Yallahs in St. Thomas and
• Joanna Lawrence 20, of Newland District, Yallahs in St. Thomas
Reports from the Morant Bay police are that about 5 p.m., all five persons were travelling in a Honda motorcar driven by Campbell, when the driver was signalled to stop by the police.
They complied, the vehicle was searched and a .45 M1911 9mm pistol fitted with a magazine containing ten 9mm rounds found.
They were taken into custody and charged following a question and answer session.
Their court dates are being finalised.
We want to hear from you! Email us at email@example.com and follow @thejamaicastar on Instagram and on twitter @JamaicaStar, and on Facebook: @TheJamaicaStar.