72 new COVID cases, nine more deaths
Jamaica on Tuesday recorded nine COVID-19 deaths, pushing the tally to 631.
The deceased are:
* A 47-year-old male from Kingston and St Andrew
* A 62-year-old male from St Mary
* A 56-year-old male from St James
* A 55-year-old male from Westmoreland
* A 73-year-old male from St James
* A 98-year-old female from Clarendon
* An 87-year-old male from Westmoreland
* An 80-year-old male from Clarendon.
*An 84-year-old female from Kingston and St Andrew
And one other fatality is being probed, pushing that figure to 104.
Meanwhile, there were 72 new cases with ages ranging from four months to 92 years, pushing the total to 41,400 with 22,033 being active.
Of the new cases, 35 are men and 37 are women.
No recoveries were recorded in the last 24 hours.
Some 417 persons are in hospital with 42 being moderately ill and 37 critically ill.
We want to hear from you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @thejamaicastar on Instagram and on twitter @JamaicaStar, and on Facebook: @TheJamaicaStar.