KC look to seal top spot in Group E
Kingston College will be on the hunt for a positive result against Excelsior High in the top-of-the-table Group E clash of the ISSA-FLOW Manning Cup football competition at Excelsior High today at 3:30 p.m.
At least a point for KC would seal the top spot in the group. KC lead the way on maximum 24 points from eight games, ahead of second-place Excelsior on 19 points. Greater Portmore come next on nine points, followed by Ardenne (seven), Norman Manley (five) and Spanish Town (five).
With two games for each side remaining in the group stage, KC need only a draw to secure top spot ahead of Excelsior. Both teams are already assured of second-round berths.
Greater Portmore will be fighting for a best third-place spot when they meet Ardenne at Greater Portmore.
KC have been the best team so far this year. The 'Purples' have scored an impressive 51 goals and conceded only five times. In the first meeting, KC defeated Excelsior 3-1 on September 23 at Stadium East.
The school has a lot of fire power with Rashawn Mackison, who netted a hat-trick in the team's big 12-0 win against Norman Manley on September 15. Jahmani Morrison and Trayvon Reid, both netted a brace in that game. Other key players for the Ludlow Bernard-coached KC are national senior team representatives, central defender Javain Brown and midfielder Fabian Grant.
The Shavar Thomas-coached Excelsior will seek to avenge the first-round loss to KC with striker Raewin Senior and midfielders Shandel Senior and Tyrick Sutherland on the forefront.
- Kingston High vs Pembroke Hall at Breezy Castle field
- Tivoli Gardens vs Haile Selassie at Tivoli Gardens High
- Innswood vs Wolmer's at Innswood High
- STATHS vs Mona at STATHS
- JC vs DQ at JC
- Bridgeport vs Papine at Dunbeholden field
- Norman Manley vs Spanish Town at Norman Manley High
- Greater Portmore vs Ardenne at Greater Portmore High
- Excelsior vs Kingston College at Excelsior High
- Campion vs Cedar Grove at Campion College
- Eltham vs Calabar at Eltham High
- Jonathan Grant vs Charlie Smith at Jonathan Grant High
(All games start at 3:30 p.m.)