I'm having problems with my child's father


March 07, 2016

Dear Pastor,

I want you and your fans to share their opinion. My child is four years old. His father was not present in his life, from I was pregnant with him, for two years because he was in prison. Anyway, I find it hard to forgive him because when I found out that I was pregnant, he said that I should leave him alone; so I was doing things on my own and my family also helped me.

Now, he and I are having some altercation about the relationship we share, which is not good because I don't want my son to be affected. Anyway, his woman saw the messages I sent him and started flaring up and saying that I should leave her man alone because she is well taken care of. So I want to know as a babymother, what is the best thing that I can do?

Initials withheld by request

Dear Writer,

If this man is supporting his child, that is what should be important to you. If you have to talk to him, let it be about your child and nothing more. If he is not taking care of the child and he is working, you should take him to court for child support. He has not been a good man. He insulted and abandoned you when you were pregnant, and you have had to do without him while he was incarcerated. God has helped you and He will continue to do so if you trust him. His girlfriend is to understand that there are times that you will have to communicate with him because both of you share a child together. Don't argue with her. If you know you are not trying to become intimate with that man again, do not worry about her.


Other Tell Me Pastor Stories