Obeah man convinced my husband I burnt down our house

June 29, 2017

Dear Pastor,

I am 34 years old and my husband is 39. We have been together for 15 years. We have four wonderful children together.

On December 15 our house burnt down, leaving us homeless and suffering.

My husband's mother took him to an obeah man, and the obeah man told him that I gave money to my sister's man and I set the house on fire. My sister's man deals in real estate.

I need to do a lie-detector test to prove that I did not do such a wicked act. Pastor, my husband has turned his back on us and is asking me for a divorce. I am telling the truth.

We built our house together and I would be out of my mind to set it on fire. I love my family very much. They are all I have.

Please let me know how and where I can get a lie-detector test to prove to my husband and his family that I am innocent.

Please, I need your help. I am waiting in tears. Thank you. God bless you.


Dear D.R.,

First of all, I am very sorry to hear that your house was destroyed by fire. And I am also saddened to hear that your husband would have allowed himself to be fooled by an obeah man into believing that you were the cause of the house being burnt down.

I don't know when people are going to stop being tricked by obeah men and obeah women. You said that it is your husband's mother who took him to an obeah man.

If your husband did not have confidence in such persons he would not have gone with her. I can imagine how much money he had to pay this obeah man.

Of course, if he didn't pay, somebody had to pay on his behalf.

My dear, your conscience is clear. You worked hard with your husband and built your house. Why would you burn it down? It is unfortunate that your husband has more confidence in an obeah man than he has in his wife.

This obeah man has helped to destroy your family life. But take courage. If you believe in prayer, continue to pray and spend some time in fasting.

God will take care of all those who are against you. You may need the help of an attorney. I cannot advise you where you may go to do a lie-detector test.

What I would suggest is that you may call the Office of the Commissioner of Police and enquire from them where you may go.

The truth is, however, I don't think you should waste your time trying to take such a test. Your husband is already convinced that the obeah man is speaking the truth.


Other Tell Me Pastor Stories