Abusive man won’t leave me alone

January 20, 2020

Dear Pastor,

I am a 21-year-old female who had been in multiple relationships. However, there is this guy I used to date, but now I have decided to stop the relationship. He then started to call and text me more often, and it came to the point where he hit me.

Last night, it came to the point where he showed up at my house and because I have been ignoring his messages, he also threatened me. Right now I have to stop from work and have moved away because I believe he will hurt me.

Pastor, what is your advice?

Initial Withheld

Dear Writer,

It is unfortunate that you have had to stop from work because this man is determined to continue having an intimate relationship with you, which you do not want. I hope that wherever you are, you are safe.

I would suggest that you report the matter to the police and ask them to advice you how you might be protected. You may also apply for a restraining order against him.

Restraining Order

Under the Domestic Violence Act, the court should grant an individual protection or restraining or occupation order if you can prove you are being stalked or ill-treated. You can go to the Parish Court and speak to the clerk of court, who will assist in filling out a form so that the matter can be brought before a judge.

You said that you have been in multiple relationships. I would beg of you to desist from that type of behaviour. If you have been taking money from these men with whom you were having relationships, you need to stop doing so. I don't know enough to suggest anything further to you. But I canassure you of my prayers.


Other Tell Me Pastor Stories