Losing my man and my mind

July 14, 2020

Dear Pastor,

I have a problem. I came overseas to work and make money and go back to Jamaica. But instead, I got pregnant for a guy I liked years ago. He was the one who helped me to get here. When I just came here it was complicated between him and his fiancee. They broke up, so he and I decided to be in a relationship.

After I got pregnant, everything changed. He had a friend in Jamaica who always called him. I was convinced that they were together, but he always denied it. We argued all the time about this girl and it even escalated into fights most times.

At one point I told him I wanted to go home, and he started to cry. And he asked me to stay. I got weak and stayed. After a while, I got to realise that he and this same Jamaican girl were together. He told me that I was nothing to him and that we were not together. So I sent the girl pictures of him and me, but nothing changed. She believed him instead of me. She even told me that he would not give me any money towards my child and that my child would die of hunger. Now I am here crying my eyes out, feeling stressed and don't know what to do. All I wanted was to be happy and have a family of my own.

I still have a little faith that things might change and he will be with me and be a good father to his unborn child. Please give me some advice.

Sad Girl.

Dear Sad Girl,

You may pray and ask the good Lord to do something good for you, but this guy is lying to you and lying to his girlfriend in Jamaica. But I want to encourage you to keep calm.

If this guy tries to abuse you, you should report him to the police. He is telling you many things to hurt your feelings. Don't react to the things he says. And please, please, don't reply to the things this young woman in Jamaica is saying to you.

If you know you are legally in that country, don't have any fear. The police there will help you.


Other Tell Me Pastor Stories