Home - The Star
November 19, 2012
Star News


 

After three years ... Man accused of chopping father in custody

Crystal Harrison, Staff Reporter

The St Andrew North police have confirmed that they now have in custody a man who has been accused of chopping his 78-year-old father three years ago.

Last year, it was reported that the father of the accused, Peter Williams, a former Jamaica Defence Force (JDF) sergeant, was attacked at his St Andrew home.

The matter was subsequently reported to the St Andrew North police, however, the son could not be located, as THE STAR understands that he was operating under a different name.

The accused man was reportedly arrested by the police last week, and is expected to be making an appearance in the Corporate Area Resident Magistrate's Court early this week.

attacked

Allegations are that in 2009, Williams was attacked by his son after he had retired to bed.

The complainant was admitted to the University Hospital of the West Indies, and the incident was subsequently reported to the Gordon Town police station.

"On Holy Thursday night in 2009, after returning from church, I went to bed and about the midnight hour, I felt some licks in my head, I eventually grabbed the person around the neck, by that time I recognised it was my son and I started screaming out murder. He eventually ran out the house, "Williams told THE STAR in a report 2009.

Williams, also told THE STAR that his son may have attacked him because he had made a report against him to the JDF, which his son was a part of.


Bookmark and Share
Home | Gleaner Blogs | Gleaner Online | Go-Jamaica | Go-Local | Feedback | Disclaimer | Advertisement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us