January 11, 2013
'Affairs of the Heart' is Song of the Year, 2012
Damian Jr Gong Marley - File
There is no doubt about Damian Jr Gong Marley's talent. So it is no wonder that the son of Bob Marley has won an award in the Song of Year category.
Jr Gong's Affairs of The Heart was chosen as the Song of the Year after amassing a large number of votes from his fans.
The song, produced by Teetimus, had stormed local airwaves last year and had fans singing every line.
Yesterday when contacted by THE WEEKEND STAR, the artiste said; "It is always an honour to be recognised for my work. It is even more special to be acknowledged by my home country."
He went on to state that he was wishing all his fans blessings and prosperity for 2013.
Star People's Choice And the winners are:
1. Male Artiste of the Year
- Bounty Killer
2. Female Artiste of the Year
- Gaza Slim
3. Breakthrough Artiste of the Year - Chronixx
4. Iron Balloon of the Year
- Chase Cross
5. Best Dressed Female Artiste - Tifa
6. Worst Dressed Female Artiste - Macka Diamond
7. Best Dressed Male Artiste
8. Worst Dressed Male Artiste - Elephant Man
9. Social Media Gimmick of the Year - Mr Vegas
10. Best Dancehall Couple
- Tami Chynn and Wayne Marshall
11. Dash Out Song of the Year - Gal A Bubble (Konshens)
12. Media Darling - Romain Virgo
13. Controversial Female Artiste of the Year - Lady Saw
14. Controversial Male Artiste of the Year - Tommy Lee
15. Newsmaker of the Year
- Vybz Kartel
16. Producer of the Year
- Markus Myrie
17. Disc Jock of the Year - ZJ Liquid
18. Selector of the Year
- Boom Boom
19. Absentee Artiste of the Year - Mavado
20. Song of the Year - Affairs Of The Heart - Damian Marley
21. Female Singer of the Year - Alaine
22. Male Singer of the Year - Tarrus Riley