Home - The Star
December 10, 2013
Star News


 

Permanent police presence after assault on students
Rasbert Turner, Star Writer

Head of the St Catherine North Police Division, Superintendent Anthony Castelle, said permanent police presence will be at the high school in St Catherine where four students were assaulted last week.

"We have done scientific examination and sketches were also done. We been going through school's archive to aid our investigations. So we will catch the perpetrator, " Castelle said.

He said it was a wicked act that befell the four students at the rear of the school premises. Castelle said the personnel will be at the school 24 hours a day and will be aided by police patrols.

Meanwhile, Education Minister Ronald Thwaites said the gunman must be punished for his actions.

"It is impossible for the ministry to fence the entire 17 acres. So, it will need a unified approach to prevent a recurrence," Thwaites said. Ministry personnel have been given the mandate to do continuous counselling to students at the institution.

It was noted that the school had last a part of its fencing through Highway 2000. The school which has an enrolment of 1,260 students came under attack last Thursday when a gunman sexually assaulted four first-formers.

Bookmark and Share
Home | Gleaner Blogs | Gleaner Online | Go-Jamaica | Go-Local | Feedback | Disclaimer | Advertisement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us