Home - The Star
April 29, 2014
Star Entertainment


Macka Diamond apologises - Says promoter's negligence resulted in her no show
Davina Henry, Staff Reporter

Artiste Macka Diamond is now apologising to her Panamanian fans after she missed a scheduled performance due to what she describes as negligence on the part of the promoter. The Dye Dye artiste told THE STAR that the promoter failed to honour the agreed payment plan.

"The contract stated that all money should be paid up in full before my team and I arrived at the venue. That is what we agreed on. The promoter told us that we should get ready for 11:30 p.m. pick up to go to the venue. We got ready and sat there waiting, and he did not send his driver for us until 2 a.m.," Macka Diamond said.

To make matters worse, Macka Diamond stated that the driver did not have the balance of her money.

"The driver did not come with any money, so he had to go back to the venue for it. The venue is one hour and a half away. By the time he went and came back to the hotel, it was already 3:30 a.m., and the club that I was to perform in closes at 4:30 a.m. When we finally got to the club for the show, it was already closed and all we saw were flashing police lights and angry fans complaining about losing their money."

According to Macka Diamond, the promoter was subsequently arrested for false advertisement and was still behind bars, up until yesterday morning.

"I really just want to apologise to my fans and let them know that my no-show was no fault of mine. I definitely want to return to Panama at the appropriate time with a professional promoter. The Panama people have crowned me the 'Dye Dye' Queen and it's very sad that they were left disappointed," she said.

In the meantime, Macka Diamond is busy promoting her Big Foot single. She is also gearing up for shows in The Bahamas and the United States.


Bookmark and Share
Home | Gleaner Blogs | Gleaner Online | Go-Jamaica | Go-Local | Feedback | Disclaimer | Advertisement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us