Home - The Star
June 2, 2014
Star News


Bail extended for men on lottery scam charge
Christopher Thomas, STAR Writer


Two St James men arrested during an Anti-lottery Scam Task Force raid last year, had their bails extended in the Montego Bay Resident Magistrate's (RM) Court on Wednesday, as their case file were incomplete.

Electrician Omar Holmes, 32, and 24-year-old sales representative Errol Wright, who are both from Lilliput, are charged for conducting fraudulent transactions. They return to court on June 24.

The allegations are that on July 19, 2013, at approximately 11:30 a.m., a police team with a search warrant conducted a raid at a premises occupied by Holmes and Wright. Seven sheets of paper with identification information from overseas, and a notebook with similar information, were seized, and both men were arrested and charged.

Clerk of the court Natalie Malcolm, told RM Carolyn Tie that the forensic certificate and a number of accompanying statements were outstanding from the prosecution's case file.

"The file is incomplete ... and statements in relation to the forensic certificate will be received in two weeks," said Malcolm.

RM Tie subsequently extended the defendants' bails to June 24.

Bookmark and Share
Home | Gleaner Blogs | Gleaner Online | Go-Jamaica | Go-Local | Feedback | Disclaimer | Advertisement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us