Quick thinking chef ousts fire at Buff Bay Primary

February 08, 2023

Principal of the Buff Bay Primary School in Portland, Jacqueline Edwards, is giving the highest commendations to school chef  Tajay Williams, whose quick thinking prevented a fire from spreading to other areas of the school. 

According to the Principal, after realising that a electrical breaker caught fire in the school's library, Williams quickly grabbed a fire extinguisher and attempted to douse the fire, however that effort proved to be unsuccessful. 

"He then ran to another area of the school for another fire extinguisher, but on his return, he fell. He somehow picked himself up and re-enter the library where he managed to put out the fire, "said the Principal. 

Williams, who inhaled some of the smoke, was taken to the nearby clinic where is being treated.

No one was injured during the blaze, which was confined to the breaker in the library and all students are accounted for.

According to Williams, it was only last week that the Buff Bay fire department carried out its inspection on the school and gave them the all clear signal.

- Gareth Davis

We want to hear from you! Email us at star@gleanerjm.com and follow @thejamaicastar on Instagram and on Twitter @JamaicaStar and on Facebook: @TheJamaicaStar, or on Whatsapp @ 876-550-2506.

Other News Stories