Boyfriend wants back the money he spent on me

April 08, 2021

Dear Pastor,

I have just turned 30 years old and I am in love with a man who I have known for a long time. We used to go out and he has paid my bills for me. He was the first man who gave me money to do my hair. He is not educated and people are wondering what I am doing with a man like that. He can barely read, but he has my name on his bank account. That was one of the first things I got him to do even before we had sex. I invited him to meet with one of my friends and my friend told him that he knew me well, which was true, and that I wouldn't rob him, which was also true. This man wants me to marry him but I don't want to marry him. He wants back the money he has spent on me. I told him he could not get that back because he took my virginity and he has got lots of niceness from me. What do you think I should do?


Dear L.J.,

If you are not going to marry this man make an arrangement to pay him his money because you have fooled him and regardless of what everybody says to you, give him as much as you can and walk away from that relationship. Go see a justice of the peace and sign up an agreement to pay him back at least some of the money. Young girl, these are not the days you can take risks with men. Walk away with a clear conscience.


Other Tell Me Pastor Stories