From The Bookshelf: Curvy Diva's must-read books
We asked our STAR of the Month, Yanique Curvy Diva Barrett, to share five books she would recommend for everyone to read and why. Here are her
1. 48 laws of Power by Robert Greene - "It gives you insight on persons, characters and how to deal with certain challenges and different individuals in different situations. Every now and again, I pop it out."
2. Everyday A Friday, How To Be Happy Seven Days A Week by Joel Osteen - "This book for helped her through some really hard times. Especially dealing with a lot of persons in media. It teaches you how to not let people steal your joy, and how to not give them power over your emotions."
3. Act Like a Success, Think Like a Success by Steve Harvey - This one, she says helps people discover who they are. "It helps identify your purpose, and your gift, what talent you have, and how to actually nurture your talent and be very successful. Use your talent, build it, and become a millionaire by just being you. The book gave the inspiration to know who I am, what I am, and that I have a purpose here in this world."
4. The Secret - "I read that one last year. It's kind of like Everyday A Friday. It's about claiming things. Everything that you put out, you can receive. What I pull from The Secret is having an enormous faith, and just believing that anything you put your mind to, you can accomplish."
5. The Bible - "Of course! I grew up reading the Bible. Everyday a Psalm. It's just inspirational. I need covering, therefore I read my Bible."