Weird News: Cat gets drunk in wine cellar
A cat got drunk after getting trapped in a wine cellar. Moggy Aljosha drank three bottles of his neighbour's wine in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany and ended up with alcohol poisoning, after going missing for seven weeks. The cat turned up at his home, worse for wear after his adventures.
His owner Claudia von Buren told Bild: "He was more dead than alive when I picked him up. We went to the vets straight away, where they diagnosed him with alcohol poisoning." Despite needing three days to recover from the hangover, the cat has made a full recovery but will be avoiding alcohol in the future.