Lifestyle & Food : Quick and tasty Basa Fillet Stir-Fry
We are still observing Lent, and fish seems to be the protein of choice for many. Sometimes you can have it fried, steamed, or brown stewed, but they are other ways in which you can prepare fish. This week's recipe comes to you in a healthy way courtesy of Chef Evrol Ebanks. Have fun whipping up this quick and easy dish.
- 1lb Rainforest basa fillet [cut in one-inch strips]
- 1/2 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 3tbs vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2 stalks scallion (chopped)
- 1 small onion (julienne)
- 3tbs soy sauce
- 4tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 1 large carrot (julienned)
- 1 large cabbage (chopped)
- 1/4 purple cabbage (chopped)
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 large head pak choi (chopped)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (julienned)
1. Season fish with lime juice, salt and pepper.
2. Place seasoned fish in a wok or sautÈ pan with oil over high heat.
3 Cook for two to three minutes, adding all the other ingredients in the order they are listed.
4. Continue cooking for a total of eight minutes, while ensuring the vegetables retain some crunch.
5. Remove from heat and serve. Goes well with pastas and white rice.
Chef Evrol's tip: Serve in a red-cabbage cup for an elegant presentation.