Sean Paul's UK schedule avoids terror

June 05, 2017
Sean Paul

 

Jamaican dancehall star Sean Paul was in England just a few days before terrorists struck London Bridge, and, even before that, after the earlier attacks in Manchester at an Ariana Grande concert. According to representatives from booking agency Headline Entertainment, Sean Paul was in England to participate in some radio shows and the artiste intends to move full speed ahead with his plans for the remainder of his European trip.

"Things are going as planned. So far, he has done two big radio shows. He has a big presence on radio in the UK, and now he has been asked to do a third radio programme," Jerome Hamilton of Headline told The Star. For June 10, Paul is expected to head back to London for his final radio programme appearance, before concluding the UK visit. Hamilton said Sean Paul has major presence on British radio programming, stemming from his recent collaborations. Sean Paul has added his vocals to frequently played pop songs No Lie by Dualipa, Hair by Little Mix, and Rockabye Baby by British electronic music group, Clean Bandit.

On Saturday, London Bridge was struck by a terror attack involving three assailants, who ploughed a van into a crowd and continued the violence through a series of stabbings. Seven people are reported to have died, with many others in critical condition.

Paul recently made international headlines in the music space, lambasting popstars like Drake and Ed Sheeran for not giving enough credit to their Jamaican music influence and how it has bolstered their current chart-topping songs.

Hamilton told THE STAR that although Sean Paul was in England, his plans have been unaffected by the atrocities. The Get Busy deejay is currently in France, where he will spend another few days before returning to the UK for the June 10 engagement.

Other Entertainment Stories