Suspects held in Duppy Film operation released
The two persons held by the police during Sunday's operation, which resulted in the death of one of Jamaica's most wanted men, Marlon 'Duppy Film' Perry, have been questioned and released.
THE STAR understands that the male and female, whose names are being withheld, were taken into custody shortly after the alleged shoot-out, which claimed the life of the slippery gangster Perry.
He managed to elude police on several occasions and has been on the nation's most wanted list for some time.
Superintendent Stephanie Lindsay, head of the Corporate Communications Unit (CCU), told THE STAR that the police were satisfied, and so the two were released.
"Based on the last feedback that I got, the two persons who were initially taken in were questioned, and the police didn't have any further reason to keep them any longer at this point, so they were released," she said.
THE STAR understands that the St Thomas police party conducted a 'snap raid' when they were fired on by gunmen. The fire was returned, and a man, who was later identified as Duppy Film, was found suffering from gunshot wounds.
One of Perry's cronies reportedly ran on the approach of the police.
Three firearms, an AK-47 assault rifle, and two pistols were seized.
Duppy Film is accused of murdering Corporal Kenneth Davis and Constable Craig Palmer on December 22, 2015, as well as a string of shootings, rapes and other crimes.
Last year, during one of several police-military operations to nab him in Harbour View, St Andrew, one of his cronies was killed and two illegal guns, including an Uzi sub-machine gun, said to be Duppy Film's favourite type of weapon, were seized.