Bolt denies he had De Grasse “booted out’ of Monaco 100m
Jamaican sprinting legend Usain Bolt has denied claims that he had Olympic Games medallist Andre De Grasse thrown out of today's 100-metre Diamond League race in Monaco, the United Kingdom-based Daily Telegraph newspaper has reported.
On Wednesday, reports surfaced that De Grasse, who will run as part of the Canadian men's 4x100m race at the Herculis meet, was not running the flat 100m because of Bolt.
"We were in the [100m] race. We got booted out. That's all on Bolt. Let's just say he wanted not such an elite field against him," De Grasse's coach Stuart McMillan was reported as saying to Canadian media.
However, Bolt's management team has denied the claims, according to the Telegraph.
"Bolt's management have refuted McMillan's claims, telling Telegraph Sport that they had no role in De Grasse's exclusion from the race or the make-up of the field" the newspaper reported.
Bolt opened his season at the Racers Grand Prix in Jamaica last month and then competed in Ostrava, Czech Republic, earlier this month, his only two races all season.
Today's race will be his final one before next month's world Championships in London.
Bolt, in the meantime, speaking at a pre-Diamond League press conference in Monaco, said he didn't feel threatened by youngsters.
"I wish them all the best, but I'm never worried about one person because I know what I'm capable of," he said.