Holmwood impress with double win
WITH two matches to go in the second round of the ISSA Rural Schoolgirls netball competition, Holmwood Technical's junior and senior teams continue their impressive runs as both teams recorded impressive wins and look set to advance to the quarter-finals.
Playing their latest matches on Wednesday at G.C. Foster College, the senior team had the biggest win on the day after trampling Marymount 60-8. Earlier, the juniors, who are the defending champions, were too good for their opponents from the same school, after getting by the St Mary-based side 49-5.
There was also double success on the day for Manchester High and Denbigh. Manchester High juniors, the beaten finalists last year, were too good for St Hilda's High as they ran over them 53-14 at the Moneague Teacher's College. It was more competitive for them in the seniors, where they got by Albert Town 42-31. Denbigh who are the All-Island senior champions, despite losing several of their players from last year's winning team, still showed that they still have a very competitive group, after turning back Bishop Gibson 52-30 at G.C. Foster College. Their juniors also got the better of May Day 34-23.
• Montego Bay 21-21 Bustamante
• Herbert Morrisson 39-5 Edwin Allen
• Mount Alvernia 20-9 Brown's Town
• Glenmuir 31-9 Anchovy
• St Thomas Tech 17-9 Dinthill
• Guys Hill 22-20 Happy Grove
• Porus 49-3 Oracabessa
• Lacovia 21-16 Green Island
• Hampton 18-8 Petersfield
• Glenmuir 28-16 Mount Alvernia
• Anchovy 26-16 Brown's Town
• Edwin Allen 21-15 William Knibb
• Charlemont 23-15 St Thomas Tech
• Dinthill 37-22 Morant Bay
• STETHS 44-13 Green Island
• Hampton 28-28 Frome
• Green Pond 34-28 Kellits