Trial date set for Devin Di Dakta

July 01, 2016
Devin Di Dakta

A September 5 trial date has been set for dancehall artiste Devin Di Dakta.

The entertainer appeared at the St Andrew Parish Court in Half-Way Tree on Tuesday to answer to charges of improperly touching an exotic dancer.

The incident reportedly took place in January at a nightclub operated by businessman Corey Todd.

It is alleged that the entertainer, whose real name is Anthony Clarke, assaulted a stripper at the club.

A report was made to the police earlier this month and Devin Di Dakta was arrested and charged.

Following his court appearance, Devin's manager, Shelly-Ann Curran, told THE WEEKEND STAR that both she and her client are looking forward to September 5.

"It is a day that we are looking forward to," she said. "We are the ones that said we will see our day in court, and we have now received it."

Curran said she is happy the matter was brought before the court as she believes in justice being served.

"The matter brought forward, regarding Devin, is just an allegation. We said that they (Todd and his team) were using this (the incident with the stripper) as some kind of bargaining tool, and we are looking forward to clearing his name."

Attorney-at-law Alando Terrelonge is representing the deejay. Efforts to get a comment from him were unsuccessful as his phone went unanswered.

Businessman Corey Todd will also have his day in court as his trial date is set for August 22. He is to answer to assault charges after an altercation with Devin Di Dakta. It is alleged that Todd used a belt to physically assault the deejay.

Other Entertainment Stories