Man electrocuted while picking mangoes
A St Catherine man was electrocuted yesterday when he attempted to pick mangoes from his neighbour's tree in Hamilton Gardens, Spanish Town.
The deceased has been identified as Anthony Nuby of a Tawes Meadows address.
A neighbour said that Nuby climbed the mango tree while holding a metal pole. While in the tree, the pole touched a power line and Nuby was electrocuted.
Nuby's adopted mother Cynthia Reid told THE STAR that he always picked ackees, mangoes and other fruits to sell at market.
"Mi left him a wash him clothes and on the way back mi see him riding him bicycle and him say him a go down a him friend. Then mi daughter get the news sey him get electrocuted," she said.
Reid said that six months ago, another son received third degree burns from electric wires he came in contact with while working on a three-story building in Spanish Town. He survived. Reid described Nuby as a jovial person who was loved by the community.
"Mi nuh know how mi a go get over this. Mi raise him from him a one and half, mi a go miss him bad,"she weeped.