Unbeaten UWI, Reno clash for potential RSPL leadership
The University of the West Indies (UWI) FC and FC Reno will battle in a top Red Stripe Premier League (RSPL) clash tomorrow at Frome Complex in Westmoreland, starting at 3:30 p.m.
After four rounds, UWI are in second position on 10 points, the same as Portmore United who lead by virtue of goal difference. Reno, on the other hand, are in fourth on eight points, behind Arnett Gardens.
In this clash, both teams are unbeaten and will put that on the line tomorrow.
Coach of UWI, Marcel 'Fuzzy' Gayle said that it is a good early top-of-the-table clash.
"It is a good early season clash as both teams have been unbeaten," Gayle told STAR Sports yesterday.
In preseason, UWI boosted the squad with Ryan Miller and Oshane Jenkins from Cavalier, as well as Fabion McCarthy from Montego Bay United and Stephen Barnett, formerly of Harbour View.
"Those players have added their synergy, camaraderie and level of maturity to the squad. They have blended in well and are comfortable," Gayle told STAR Sports yesterday.
Miller is clearly stamping his class and scored a hat-trick against Montego Bay United last week in his team's 3-0 win. He is on five goals and will look to add to his tally.
Gayle will also rely on captain and goalkeeper Amal Knight, Girvon Brown, Rochane Smith and Davion Garrison.
Under the guidance of coach Michael 'Jim Dandy' Graham, Reno have been doing well with players such as top striker Craig Foster, who have netted four times, captain Joshane Foster, Afiba Chambers, Lynval Wilson, and goalkeeper Dennis Taylor.
• 3:30 p.m. - Cavalier SC vs Tivoli Gardens at Stadium East
• 3:30 p.m. - FC Reno vs UWI FC at Frome Complex, Westmoreland
• 3:30 p.m. - Portmore United vs Humble Lion at Prison Oval
• 6:30 p.m. - Montego Bay United vs Sandals South Coast at Montego Bay Sports Complex
• 7 p.m. - Harbour View vs Waterhouse at Harbour View Stadium
Monday night game
• 8:30 p.m. - Arnett Gardens vs Boys' Town at Anthony Spaulding Sports Complex