A hard team to drop - Price says Boys' Town will stay up

December 20, 2017
Andrew Price

 

Under-fire Boys' Town head coach, Andrew Price yesterday told STAR Sports that his club has tied up deals with three attacking players to arrive at Collie Smith Drive during the January transfer window.

Boys' Town are cemented at the bottom of the 12-team league on seven points with one win and four drawn encounters from 16 games.

At the half-way stage of the preliminary round, Boys' Town need to start winning in order to avoid relegation.

"We have seen darker skies and survived," Price said of his team's dismal form in the Premier League this season.

"We have settled talks with three attacking players, who are coming in to help us next January. The players are coming from other clubs in the league. They are already confirmed but the names cannot be disclosed at this time," Price said.

"Maybe the players are not happy and want more playing time," he said of the expected arrivals.

 

ADDITIONAL PLAYERS

 

"We will see a resurgence with these players. We have had discussions with them and they are committed to coming to Boys' Town in January," Price added.

"Their could be additional players coming, but the others are not yet finalised. We need to bolster the squad. We need individuals to come in and fight for the team.

"Every year people say Boys' Town will be going down but we will not go down without a fight. Let us see what happens in May," Price said.

"We returned to the league in 2005. Since then, we have seen Portmore relegated and come back, also Cavalier, Reno and Rivoli. We are still in the league and will continue to fight," he concluded.

Other Sports Stories