Babymother won't let me see my child


October 04, 2017

Dear Pastor,

I am 23 years old and I am one of your biggest fans. I have a problem and I don't know what to do. I have a girlfriend and we were living together for about three to four months.

The relationship was going well until she got pregnant and I decided to change my job because the work I was doing couldn't pay me enough to assist her with the pregnancy.

She decided to leave me, so she went away and got involved with another man and registered the child in the other man's name.

Now, she is asking me for money to support the child. I asked her why she has not brought the child to me and allowed me to take care of the child.

That is when she informed me that the child is registered in another man's name.

I asked her why she did that to me and she knew that I am the father. She said she did so because I cannot take care of her and the child. I am asking you, therefore, for your advice.


Dear Cool,

You are a good man. You got involved with this woman and you impregnated her, at least you think so. You recognised that what you were earning was small and you needed more money to support your child and your woman.

It is, therefore, unfortunate that this woman didn't work with you. She left and got involved with another man and registered the child in that man's name.

It is likely that she is getting support from that man and is now looking for support from you too. But at the same time, she does not want you to have the child because she is insisting that you are not making enough money.

It seems to me that you should take this matter to court and tell the magistrate the truth. You need to have a paternity test done to ascertain whether you are indeed the biological father of this child.

I cannot encourage you right now to give this woman any money to support this child. She seems to be a 'ginal' and is willing to make a fool of you.

If you are the father, you should enjoy all the privileges of fatherhood. Therefore, settle this matter in court. I suggest that you talk to a lawyer about this matter. I will be glad to hear from you again.


Other Tell Me Pastor Stories